Monday, August 13, 2018

Tacos and... Coffee?

I've shared a lot about the Japanese and Okinawan cuisine that we have tried thus far, but this week I'd like to veer off from those flavors a share a different type of restaurant that's here on the island - Esparza's Tacos and Coffee.

Tacos and coffee? 

Yes, tacos and coffee. You may not think this combination works, but it does. 

They actually serve more than just tacos and coffee at Esparza'; they also serve enchiladas as well as soups and some delicious sides, like Mexican rice and chips & salsa. 

Their coffee bar is full service with Americano, latte, cappuccino, and mocha options offering a flavor assortment to go with each coffee selection.

If you're not in the mood for coffee Esparza's also has a few very unique soda options like pineapple and their own in-house homemade ginger ale (which I highly recommend). 

Once you've ordered your food you'll have the opportunity to select your salsa from the salsa bar. There are several to choose from; green tomato, spicy red tomato, red tomato, fresh jalapenos, and more! After you've selected your flavors for today's visit you then take a seat anywhere you like inside the restaurant or outside on the patio and wait for your buzzer to alert you that your order is ready. Once alerted, you proceed to the order pick up window and grab your trays. Then it's time to chow down!

At Esparza's the vibe is chill, the food is fresh, and the flavors are on point. My favorite thing so far is the green salsa enchiladas. They're spot on! However, you cannot go wrong with the tacos (try the fajita tacos).

This may come as a shock to my friends and readers, but I have not tried the coffee yet. I've been so eager to try their unique sodas that I have passed on the coffee (insert shocked face). However, I'm not leaving the island anytime soon and the green salsa enchiladas are so good that I'll definitely be back to Esparza's, which means a cup of coffee is in my future. And, I'll update you when I try a cup!

Until then, if you're on the island and craving a taco, enchilada, or just a big bowl of chips and salsa - visit Esparza's - you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment